? ??????????????Night Time Dreams (Animated)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??922 Grabs Today. 12153
Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Splat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (11 Ratings)??834 Grabs Today. 11518 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Boomerang Express! VBS 2009: Day Two

"It all comes back to JESUS!"

Can I just say how much I LOVE teaching these kids? It's hard work and it can be really exhausting but there is nothing I would rather be doing than teaching them ways to worship God through song and dance. It's one of the most rewarding things because they get so excited about the music and how everything applies back to Jesus.

Me and my four's and five's class got into quite a riveting discussion about Jesus. The lesson they learned in class (which of course directly correlates with the song they learn in my class) was about when Jesus walked on water and asked Peter to trust him. Peter of course took his eyes off Jesus and started to sink in the middle of this HUGE storm on the Sea of Galilee. . . but *DUH DUH DUH DUH!* Jesus grabs Peter before he starts to drown. Then everyone got back in the boat because the storm was over and the disciples all bowed down and worshipped Jesus.

After having the kids give me their own versions of the bible story I have to ask them a series of questions to get into the song for the day.

Me: Ok, so can anyone tell me why we worship Jesus?
Child #1: Because He's Jesus!
Me: Great answer. . . anyone else?
Child #2: Because we go to church! And our mommy's and daddy's tell us to!
Me: Um. . . well that's close! Who else?
Child #3: (who is having a major fit because I haven't called on her yet) BECAUSE HE'S THE MESSIAH!
At this point I'm impressed that the child in question can even say "Messiah"
Me: That's right! Jesus is the Messiah or God's Son. And God gave his only son to die on a cross to save ALL of us from our sins! Does anyone know how we know this?
Child #4: Because you told us!
Me: . . . .
Me: That's right I did tell you. . . but is there something else that tells us this?
Child #5: We know this because Jesus gave us church, and food and our houses and ALL of our toys, and my dog and kitty. . .
Me: Well, yes he does give us many blessings. But is there a BOOK that tells us this?
All Children: THE BIBLE!

And now you understand why I love VBS. Those kids are so freaking funny!

Tonight I think I'm going to have to get some coffee before we get started. By the time I'm done I'm freakin exhausted!

AND. . .
Jamie is suppose to be going on date two after VBS one day this week :)
Yay for pretty boys!
I love you guys thanks for all your prayers!

0 comments: