? ??????????????Night Time Dreams (Animated)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??922 Grabs Today. 12153
Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Splat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (11 Ratings)??834 Grabs Today. 11518 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 8, 2009

Boomerang Express! VBS 2009: Day 1

Today was my first day of Vacation Bible School for the week. Our theme this year is Boomerang Express. . . it's like an Aussie theme. But I'm teaching the music for the third year in a row and I have to say, I have quite a handful of kids. There were a little over a hundred that came through.

Ok so here's a basic layout of how the evening works. We have a Worship Rally starting promptly at 6:00 where I lead the kids (along with the help of my trusty assistant Jordon) in saying the pledges, the motto, a prayer, and singing a couple of songs. Then the kids leave and we get a break for about 40-ish minutes to get water, review our songs we have to teach, and chill out. Then at 7:05 the 5th and 6th graders come in. These are the oldest kids that I have to teach and let me just say, 5th and 6th graders think they are too cool to do music time. But they usually cooperate with a little pleading. We have each group for 20 minutes. Then my angelic 3rd and 4th come in. They are darlings because not only are they old enough to learn the songs quickly, they are very enthusiastic and think that Jordon and I are the coolest teachers ever.

And then come 1st and 2nd grade. Oh my. Well they are sweet as they can be and really love music time. . . but they are just a little bit ADHD. They are really adorable because you ask them a question about anything and the answer, no matter what the question is ALWAYS Jesus. Hahahaha. Too freaking cute.

Well. . . you would think the evening would be close to over. Oh no. The four and five year olds are next. And they are STOKED about music. I mean really. But they are SOOOOO excited that they can't sit still and ask a thousand questions. They are quite a handful. But we get everything done and don't have too many problems.

This year I was asked to add another class on to my normal four rotations. Two and three year olds. Now I'm not sure if you are aware, but preschoolers and toddlers. . . they have to do things a thousand times over and over again to learn a song and have to be told to sit still and pay attention, and let's be honest, the choreography and song lyrics are WAY too difficult for them. But I was asked and I will follow through, but next year this will not be an option. It's way too much for them, and by the time they come in I am exhausted and only have 5 minutes before we have to do the closing rally.

Tonight's song was really cute. It's called "I'm-a Gonna Follow." The kids really liked it.

I'm realizing that teaching is really my calling. I love hanging out with the kids and they really look up to you.



IN OTHER NEWS:
I went on a date last night :)
With a really GORGEOUS guy. . . and I really like him. He seems like a great guy and hopefully we'll be doing something again later on this week. YAY! But I'm being careful, just in case anyone's wondering :)

2 comments:

IndiaC said...

I was definitely wondering! Protect that heart girlie! I love you <3

Megan Waite said...

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY <3
I miss you so much :(