? ??????????????Night Time Dreams (Animated)? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??922 Grabs Today. 12153
Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Splat? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (11 Ratings)??834 Grabs Today. 11518 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Boomerang Express! VBS 2009: Day 3

"Because He gave His life
Because He bled and died
Because He rose again
I come
I admit to God I am a sinner
And I repent and turn away from all my sin
And I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that
He came in to the world to save us all
I confess my faith in Jesus as my Savior and my Lord
And I do this because of His great Love.
Because He loves me so
Because He made me whole
Because He is my friend
I come
For the wages of sin is death
But the gift of God is eternal life
Through Jesus Christ
So will you admit to God you are a sinner?
Will you repent and turn away from all your sin?
Will you believe that Jesus is the Son of God
And that He came into the world to save us all?
Will you confess your faith in Jesus as your Savior and your Lord?
Will you do this because of His great Love?"

So simple. Yet so true. These are the lyrics to the song that we learned tonight. Wednesday nights during VBS are very important because the emphasis is on evangelism for the evening. The teachers take time out of each of their lessons and explain the ABC's to becoming a Christian.

The ABC song on day three in the previous years is normally very upbeat and the kids LOVE it! But this year Jeff Slaughter, the composer decided to make the ABC song a ballad. I was extremely skeptical since the ABC song is such a hit every year. I listened to it and thought that it was gorgeous, but is it going to hit home with the kids? I didn't think so.

I was wrong.

As I watched my students perform the sign language to this beautiful song I became very moved. How easy it really is! It baffles me how in simple childlike faith we all can come to Him and admit our sins, believe in him, and confess our faith. And BOOM! You're a child of God. Wow! How incredible that God would give up his Son just for me? This simple girl from Henry County, Georgia was spared because Jesus loves me. And ya know what's crazy? He died for everyone. Not just me who doesn't deserve it at all. But the people who REALLY don't deserve it. . . it's insane to think about!

The kids loved the song. And now I have to do decide who's going to perform what when the parents come on Friday. EEK!

0 comments: